Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Confused

So....
Ever had one of those days when you thought you knew what you were getting into when you woke up and then the day just hits you from left field?
Almost like getting slapped in the face by a 18 wheeled truck.
My life seems to be like that a lot lately. I wake up ready to deal with what I have thought about before I fell asleep and then something else seems to arrive, bigger and more difficult.
I have the digits on my arm to remind myself that I can do it. I have two weeks under my belt to bolster my confidence, but it still seems that I trip a bit before I find my stride.
And then I read the book review and get depressed about the state of our nation. Hermits might have the right idea.
I am a believer in every thing we do has a consequence. Our actions are real and can have impact. We are responsible for ourselves on this planet and more importantly within this society. Our minds are needed, and our hearts are capable of compassion because the earth does not spin otherwise. Let us remember that. Even in the confusion of depression and barely getting by.

No comments:

Post a Comment